Technical rock climbs
- Sport leads up to 5.11+
- Traditional leads up to 5.9
Mount Washington (6,288ft) New Hampshire, USA
- Guided 12 winter attempts.
Cerro Escuela (2100m) Northern Patagonian Ice Cap, Chile
- Ascended via the North Ridge
- Required three pitches of both running pro and fully protected climbing led by me
Cerro Turret (2200m) Northern Patagonian Ice Cap, Chile
- Ascended the West Face
- Required two pitches of running pro and fully protected climbing that I followed
Cerro Hyades (3078m) Northern Patagonian Ice Cap, Chile
- Ascended the North Ridge
- Intricate, crevasse heavy glacial travel was required.
- A 14 hour attempt brought us a snowballs throw from the summit.
- Two pitches of running pro led by me.
Denmark Peak (8660ft) Scandinavian Peaks Region, Alaska
- Ascended the North Face via left leaning couloir.
- Turned back 50 feet from the summit ridge due to deteriorating snow conditions during descent/glacier traverse.
- Utilized running protection on the 45-50° snow, swapping leads.
- Pitched out the final 60 feet of 60° bullet hard ice before retreating.
- Rappeled the steep sections and plunged the remainder of the route.
- Total time on route 12 hours.
Finland Peak (9405ft) Scandinavian Peaks Region, Alaska
- Ascended to the summit ridge via the North Ridge
- Turned back 200m from summit due to poor snow/ice conditions, exposure, and time management of the large group.
Norway Peak (8960ft) Scandinavian Peaks Region, Alaska
- Ascended to beneath the summit slope via the Eastern Ridge.
- Turned back due to lack of snow bridges over the large bergschrund of the north slope glacier.
- Utilized running protection and swapped leads.
South Pioneer Peak (6,350ft) Chugach, Alaska
- Summited via the South East Ridge
- Simul-soloed sections of 4th class rock and 40° faceted snow.
- 15 hour effort for ascent and descent.
- Beautiful weather but horrible snow conditions which nearly turned us back
- See a video of the ascent here.
Mt. Shasta (14,179ft) California
- A solo attempt via 4th class Casaval Ridge
- Ascended to 13,000ft before bailing due to subjective hazards
Mt. Lyell (13,144ft) Yosemite National Park, California
- A solo ascent of the tallest mountain in Yosemite NP
- The 36 hour overnight attempt included a glacial traverse and 50 feet of exposed 5th class rock guarding the summit
Buena Vista Peak (9,709ft) via Mono Meadows Trailhead Yosemite National Park, California
- A 4-day, 30 mile solo trip
Peak ascents during Mountaineering segment of NOLS
- Two ascents of remote, unmapped peaks one of 1,953m
Various ascents in the White Mountain National Forest of New Hampshire
Summers 2009 to 2011
- Two ascents of Mount Washington (6,288ft) guiding youth
- Five ascents of Mt. Chocorua (3,478ft) including one barefoot ascent
- A dozen or so other ascents guiding summer camp youth