- Feb.1-21: Included 11 day backpacking expedition traversing Exploradores Glacier, San Valentin Glacier, Fiero Vally, Leones Valley, Patagonia Chile
- Mar. 1-9: Wilderness First Responder Training. Anchorage, Alaska
- Mar. 10-Apr. 16: Backcountry skiing and snow skills. 6-weeks. Anchorage, Alaska
- Apr. 20-May 28: Mountaineering in the Scandinavian Peaks Region. 6-weeks. Chugach, Alaska.
- Jun. 4-Jul. 15: Sport and traditional rock climbing and vertical rescue skills. 6-weeks. Potes, Spain.
- Jul. 26-Aug. 2: Expedition planning, teaching methods, and job prospects workshops. Patagonia, Chile.
- Aug. 6-Sept. 17: Advanced Mountaineering. Including a 42 day Northern Ice Cap expedition. Patagonia, Chile.
- Completed 8 day coastal cruising course on Chesapeake Bay, MD
- Received American Sailing Association 101, 103, and 104 Certifications
- Completed Inland and Coastal Navigation Course
- Self directed study of small craft marine navigation
September 2011 to December 2012
- Completed 61 units towards a Mechanical Engineering degree with a GPA of 3.38
- Received Dean’s Honor
- Competed in the National College Ultimate Championships in Boulder, CO (Frisbee)
National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) Patagonia Year Program in Southern Chile
October 2010 to March 2011
- 14 days of mostly off-trail, remote backpacking covering 108km
- 4 day service project removing fencing from a future national park with Conservacion Patagonica
- 8 day Wilderness First Responder course with Wilderness Medical Institute
- 28 days of remote glacial mountaineering including two peak ascents and 26 days with precipitation
- 25 days of sea kayaking in the fjords of Southern Patagonia
- 8 days living with a traditional Gaucho family (think cowboy)
- 14 days of rock climbing from a base camp