Apprentice Instructor – Mountain Training School
April 2015 – present
- Assisted instructing on a 21 day climbing course in the Picos de Europa, Spain. The course took 7 students from no previous climbing experience to leading multi-pitch sport climbs up to 5.10 with a focus on teaching basic rescue skills as a foundation for future training.
Guide – North Ridge Mountain Guides
- Leading 2 day mountaineering skills courses involving a day of skills training (mainly self arrest and crampon techniques) and an attempt on Mount Washington (6,288ft) via the Lion’s Head Summer and Winter routes, as well as the Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail.
- Guiding single and two day ice climbing programs at Frankenstein Cliff, Crawford Notch, NH.
- Managing clients and decision making in the often extreme conditions on Mt. Washington.
Instructor-Boston Rock Gym
October 2013- January 2013
- Presenting gym rules to new patrons
- Enforcing climbing gym rules
- Ensuring safety of gym patrons
- Belaying patrons on slab, vertical, and overhanging routes
- Instructing 3 hour classes on specific technique curriculum
- Encouraging patrons to push their limits
- Instruction proper top-rope and lead climbing/belaying methods.
Apprentice Guide – North Ridge Mountain Guides
August 2013-January 2013
- Setting up and using instructor assisted rappels
- Instructing proper rappelling technique
- Setting up and facilitating tyrolean traverse
- Ensuring proper use of helmets and harnesses
- Safety checks of all systems
- Equipment cleaning and management
- Encouraging clients to challenge themselves
Lifeguard – Town of Andover Department of Community Services
- Instructing swim lessons for children ages 5-7
- Maintaining facilities (cleaning, painting, organizing)
- Enforcing pond regulations
- Maintaining vigilant watch of the water and saving struggling swimmers
- Facilitating proper use of canoes, kayaks, and sailboats
Counselor – Camp Calumet Lutheran
- Planned, executed, and supervised all activities for 8-12 campers ages 13-17
- Taught lessons on a specific faith based curriculum
- Led overnight and single day hiking and canoeing trips in the White Mountain National Forest 5 days per week in Summer 2011 as part of the Wilderness Program
- Instructed lessons in soccer, basketball, tennis, and archery
- Communicated with co-counselors and fellow staff members to create a safe, ensuring, and fun environment for campers to be themselves