Hi, my name is Kevin and I'm passionate about adventuring and allergic to convention!
I was born in Germany and grew up in California and Massachusetts before traveling, exploring, and never looking back!
I currently live in my van and roam North America climbing walls of rock, skiing untracked powder, ascending frozen waterfalls, and summitting glaciated mountains; sometimes in the same week!
I’ve turned my passion into my profession and guide rock climbing, ice climbing, mountaineering, and backcountry skiing outings for people like you in The Great American West. Sound like fun? Let’s get outside!
I truly care about YOU. You are my guest in these amazing places and I want you to feel cared for, challenged, and exhilarated! I know many guides who are safe and skilled at the craft, but are they fun to spend a day with? empathetic to your goals and needs? interested in you as a person? I am!
Whether we accomplish your goals together or practice the skills necessary for you to do it on your own, I would be honored to be a part of your journey.
Kevin Hammer Heinrich
- Wilderness First Responder + Adult/Child CPR
- American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA)
- Certified Rock Guide
- Apprentice Alpine Guide
- Ice Instructor Course
- Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA) Alpine Level 1
- American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education (AIARE)
- Recreation Level 2
- Rescue Course
- Wilderness Education Association Outdoor Educator
- Leave No Trace Master Educator
Some Personal Achievements
- Sailed Hawaii-Seattle 21 days aboard Perplexity Summer 2022
- Entre Cristales y Cóndores (470m, 5.12- C1)
- First Ascent in Cochamó Chile February 2022
- Freerider (1000m, VI, 5.13a) El Capitan, Yosemite CA
- Free Climbed Rope Solo over 7 days 2021. 5th ever rope solo ascent of the route.
- Journey to the Center of the Earth (1000m, VI, 5.10+ C2)
- Remote Big Wall First Ascent in British Columbia 2019
- Oso Scary (130m, III, 5.12+)
- First Ascent Established Rope Solo in the Wind River Range, WY 2020
- Red Bull and Vodka (M11) Vail, CO
- Alpamayo (19,511ft), Cordillera Blanca, Peru 2015
- Traverse of Northern Patagonian Ice Cap 2014
- Ski Descent of Mt. Dickey (9,544ft), Ruth Gorge, Alaska 2016